On the market following complete refurbishment and development, Golden Cross Equestrian Centre is one of the busiest and most successful competition centres in the South of England. The property boasts fantastic facilities including 20 stables, a fabulous 60m x 30m indoor school, a brand-new 80m x 50m all-weather sandschool, a further 55m x 25m outdoor school and, in all, the land extends to c. 9 acres. Furthermore, there is a newly built (2016) single storey house (Richmond House) which boasts two en-suite bedrooms, and there is also a further 1 bedroom self-contained Lodge.
Having being acquired by the current owners in 2014, Golden Cross Equestrian Centre has been substantially improved and developed over the last 4 years and continues to be an thriving equestrian business which has a reputation second to none. Excellent revenue is generated by running regular unaffiliated competitions, clinics and training shows as well as hosting many Pony and Riding Club events. Additional income is generated from hiring out the facilities to individuals, pony and riding clubs as well as dog training groups.
In addition to the show centre there is a beautifully constructed two bedroom ‘Superior Lodge’ which comprises a dual aspect, open plan kitchen / dining area with a Rangemaster oven and a range of soft close fitted units and appliances. From the kitchen there is a good sized utility / dog room with a separate door to the outdoor area. The hallway, with solid wood flooring, leads through to the spacious dual-aspect living room which also boasts high ceilings, and has the most fabulous fireplace. Double doors lead out to a beautiful patio area which overlooks the brand new outdoor arena. Off the hallway there are two double bedrooms, both with en-suites, one with a shower, and one with a bath and overhead shower. There is also a separate toilet adjacent to the kitchen. Richmond House has been finished to the highest standard with solid oak doors throughout and offers comfortable and stylish accommodation.
Equestrian Facilities & Show Centre
• 20 stables ~ 7 stables in an American Barn with a yard office, washroom, tack room with a woodburner, feed room, 8 brick built stables in a separate block, and a further 5 timber stables which have been renovated and have their own separate tack room, and new electrics. There is also a good sized hay barn and an adjacent laundry room.
• A 60m x 30m fully lit Indoor School which has a Days Fibre surface, new kickboards, judges box, surfaced holding area, jump store and viewing gallery.
• A brand new 80m x 50m all-weather sand arena with a large viewing area, it extends to 90m x 60m with some cross country jumps and a Derby bank
• A refurbished and resurfaced 55m x 25m outdoor arena with a Days Fibre & Rubber surface.
• A grass jumping arena
• A 4 bay Horsewalker and further jump store
• Extensive hard standing for lorry/trailer/car parking
• A popular and busy on-site café which overlooks the Indoor Arena with a fully fitted kitchen and ample seating room. There is a further bar area for special events and private functions. Outside there is another café in a self-contained unit.
• Show Office, First Aid Room, Numbers Room
• 2 fully refurbished WCs with automatic taps and hand-dryers
• In all, the land extends to some 9 acres which has all been newly fenced with post and rail fencing and all paddocks have water connected.
Viewings strictly by appointment only, please contact the agent for details.